… Now get your mind out of the gutter because we are not talking about that kind of physical love some of you may like to over-indulge in. Trust me when I say, if that is you, there is no judgement, but we are going to rap about a different kind of body love making. We are talking about honoring and showing appreciation for the one vehicle that will carry us through every moment of our life – our bodies. With our hurried lifestyle it can be so easy to neglect our precious temples that work hard to keep up with the crazy demands of our life.
A few years ago, I participated in an exercise called GET NAKED. Again, it’s not what you think you naughty ones. It was an self-esteem, self-discovery bootcamp that took place in the privacy of our homes, naked. Each morning and night we had to GET NAKED and look at ourselves in the mirror, completely nude, for ten minutes. During this exercise, I learned so much, primarily that I have not been nourishing my body as well as I should. We always hear the importance of positive thinking and communing with our higher selves, but what about the body? It’s so easy to forget the body and today I am going to share some simply ways to make love to your body on a daily basis.
- Take a hot shower. I know this may seem like a very obvious one, but you’ll be amazed at how we rush through simple pleasures like taking a shower. Indulge in this daily, especially after a long day. The healing effects of washing away the day is simply magical and you will leave feeling like a new being.
- Exercise for 30 minutes, five days a week. Our bodies are designed to move and though our minds may want to sit on the couch, our bodies need to be fed through activity. This does not have to be rigorous but it should happen almost daily. 30 minutes is the length of a sitcom. Doesn’t making love to your body sound like more fun?
- Drink plenty of water. Grab a glass of water as soon as you wake up. Grab a glass of water when you get to work. Water, water, water. We all know drinking water is good for our health, because we are pretty much composed of it. However, did you know that drinking water could help you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown? Whenever a friend says to me that they have a headache, I say “you’re probably dehydrated.” Drinking water is a natural remedy for curing a headache. Try it and see.
- Eat healthy. Eat often. You hear it all the time, but eating a nutritious diet and cutting back on sugar, caffeine, alcohol and all those other things which are “anti-nutrient” will keep your moods even and make you look beautiful.
- Do something that makes you feel good everyday! Forget once a month, I say everyday. This life is way to short to not pamper ourselves in some way as often as possible. This does not have to be something big or expensive. It can be something small, like taking the time to watch the sunset, treating yourself to a pedicure, and so forth.
- Meditate, stretch or do both. Keep your muscles and brain relaxed.
- Use your travel time wisely. Listen to audiobooks or listen to music, but all that time spent commuting and in the car should be put to good use.
- Laugh and mingle. We all need one another so once a week get together with a friend over tea and coffee. Get to know people better and network. It will make you feel great and more opportunities will become available.
How do YOU make love to your body everyday? Tell me because I want to know.
Latest posts by Tamala Baldwin (see all)
- DEMONSTRATE YOUR LOVE BY RELEASING ALL FEAR - June 5, 2016
- #YOUARELOVE: RADIATE MORE LOVE THROUGH THE POWER OF FORGIVENESS - June 1, 2016
- Google Gives Google+ A Makeover - November 23, 2015