Sometimes faith will be all you have. The belief that things will get better and will sway in your favor may be the only hope you have in continuing your pursuit of your destiny. You have to be content with just faith. After all of the disappointments, failures, and defeat you need to know how to maintain your faith in God and in yourself.
Even maintain your faith when all things may look one way and never go the way you hope. You have to cling to your faith and know that everything will be fine and will turn in your favor. You must learn to have faith in knowing that you always possess the upper hand, even when it may not appear that way.
While you are maneuvering this crazy journey called life, you will find yourself in many situations. Some good ones and some bad, but through all of them you must maintain your faith. While you are going for your dream job, and you put all of your hope and prayers in attaining it, then you don’t get hired. You still must maintain your faith. You must live with the attitude that there is an even better opportunity that aligns even better with your goal just waiting for you to snag it. When you go to that big audition, and you’ve stayed up all night rehearsing lines attempting to get them perfect. You think you’ve nailed it, then you find yourself waiting in vain for a phone call that never comes saying the part is yours. You still must maintain your faith.
Three Ways to Maintain Your Faith
- Pursue opportunities that align with your faith. For example, if you are trying to be a doctor don’t apply to jobs for a lawyer. Usually, when we seek things that don’t directly align with what we are pursuing it is because we are afraid that what we are seeking may not come to pass. We fall into the temptation of a backup plan, when God’s promise should be the only plan.
- Don’t speak negatively when things don’t look like they are turning out the way you think they should. Just because you can’t see yourself getting closer to your dream doesn’t mean that you aren’t progressing.
- Keep an open heart and open communication with God. If you focus on hearing God you will know that you are in the right place and that your dream job or whatever you are believing for is on its way.
Stay faithful to your dream and don’t second guess it by pursuing something that does not align with everything you say you want! Don’t do or say things that contradict the promises of God and or cause you to question your vision for your life. Speak words of greatness and positivity into your life. Allow these types of words to help your vision and your faith flourish and reach their full potential.
Keep the faith!
Keep fighting the good fight!
Follow, Share, Connect
Latest posts by Dejanae Wortham (see all)
- Inspiring Interview: Actress Deanna Pak Discusses “Prom Ride” - May 4, 2015
- The Gift of Failure : A New Perspective - April 20, 2015
- 5 Bible Verses To Help You Through Any Rough Patch - March 9, 2015