I find that many people get discouraged when they really sit down and think about what they did or did not accomplish during the year. They go into every New Year with a list of something they want to accomplish. Unfortunately, many people tend to lose sight of those things throughout the year and don’t really give them a second thought until the year is over. Here are a few tips to keep the motivation going for your 2015 goals and resolutions!
1. Keep them in sight! I like to post my goals where I can see them. A simple list or vision board will be very helpful in this situation. Also, post it somewhere you will see it often!
2. Don’t forget about them. It’s very usual in life for us to get overwhelmed with everything going on around us and we often forget about ourselves and what we intended to do. Take some time in the upcoming New Year to be selfish and focus on you. Don’t feel guilty about it either, you must take care of yourself to be an effective person in this world.
3. Send yourself reminders! If you have a smartphone this one is easy. Set reminders for yourself and alerts about your goals and resolutions. There’s also many sites available to assist you in sending automated messages to remind you of what you set your mind on in the beginning of the year. You can use these sites as a tool to track your progress.
-I’ve used the site 43things.com, but unfortunately it is no longer available. It was very helpful to receive reminders about my stated goals to myself. For example, my goal was to finish a novel and I would receive my stated goal monthly in my email saying “Write a novel.” That small periodic reminder was instrumental in helping me complete my goal. It kept me motivated on days my self-motivation lacked.
4. Have an accountability partner. This one is tough, if you don’t like people in your business. But if you don’t mind sharing and if you are brave enough, designate a close friend or family member to share your goals and resolutions. You guys can help each other stay on track.
If you didn’t achieve everything you hoped and dreamed for this year, don’t feel discouraged. The most important thing is progress. I’m sure you aren’t the same person you were at the beginning of 2014.
Wishing you all the success and resolution/goal smashing power in 2015.
Those who consistently have faith and seek success will eventually find it.
Don’t ever give up on something you truly want!
Share, Follow, Connect
Latest posts by Dejanae Wortham (see all)
- Inspiring Interview: Actress Deanna Pak Discusses “Prom Ride” - May 4, 2015
- The Gift of Failure : A New Perspective - April 20, 2015
- 5 Bible Verses To Help You Through Any Rough Patch - March 9, 2015