This year, I propose a challenge.
Leave the cell phones in your purses, pockets, or in the car. And yes, you can do this.
I want you to have REAL life conversations. Look a person in the eyes. Give them your full attention. BE in the moment. Talk life. Talk values. Talk “almost” anything that requires more than a one word answer. Allow your mind to be free of technology and outside distractions. The Thanksgiving posts of everyone’s food will be there for later viewing, I promise.
Start your conversations with any of these questions:
- Have you ever met your hero?
- What is your most favorite memory from high school?
- How long can you go without checking your phone?
- Are you a Starbucks addict? No? Why is that?
- How would you interact with people if there were no social media?
- What was the last book you read? Tell me about it.
- Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
- If you were to start a non-profit, what would it be and why?
- Let’s say you had $500 extra every week, what would you do with it?
- Tell me about a time when you trusted your gut and it was right.
- Are you a kindle type a person or a book in hand kinda person?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, at not expense, where would you go and who would you take with you?
- Would you rather have fingers as long as your legs, or legs as long as your fingers?
- Do you have any bad habits you want to quit?
- When was the last time you did something nice for a total stranger?
- What was your worst job? Ever.
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Would you do it again?
- What is the best birthday present you have ever received?
- What song makes you whip out a makeshift microphone and start singing?
- Would you rather hairy hands or hair feet?
- Have you ever desired to have your palm read?
- Is there a teacher that changed the way you think today? Who is it and what did they say?
- Have you ever had a dream to write a book? What would it be about?
- What would you do if you saw your picture on a billboard from someone confessing their love for you?
- Would you fly halfway across the country for a date with a person you have never met (in person)?
BONUS: What are you most grateful for, right now? At this moment?